UFO abduction, astral projection, super powers
Level 9. If you’ve stayed with us so far you are comfortably within the fringe areas of belief systems. Level 9 introduces us to the beliefs in UFO abduction (their not just here for sightseeing), the ability for consciousness to leave the body and travel (because airfare isn’t getting cheaper) and superpower ability (I always wanted X-ray vision, although it’s not appropriate to tell you why here).Astral project is an interesting belief that warrants further discussion here. Lower level WooWoos might argue that consciousness is the product of our brains. Higher level WooWoos would tend to agree that we are not our brains or even our thinking. Within each human being lies another manifestation. Some call it “spirit.” Others say “soul.” In order to accept astral projection, one must subscribe to a separation of spirit and body because in astral projection, the spirit is capable of leaving its bodily host to explore the world looking for a good time.The most popular occurrence of “astral projection” is when the body momentarily dies. Reports of seeing the operating table or the scene of the accident are common. In rare occasions, some have claimed to have mastered a formula or technique and can leave their bodies at will. This is more common from East Asian Yogis and Buddhist monks sharing information gained from astral projection experiences.
If you answer “yes” to some or all of these questions, you are at least this level. Go up to the next level of woowoo. If you answered “no” to all of these questions, your woowoo level is definitely one level below this level.
- Have aliens ever visit and bring back souvenirs, such as small animals, keychains, or Mulder’s sister to their home planet?
- Have aliens ever taken something larger back with them….say…a human being?
- Have you ever been abducted by an alien (undocumented workers do not count)?
- Can the spirit or soul leave the body and experience the physical world?
- Do believe in the gift of super powers (as depicted in comic books)?
- Do you view the movie Unbreakable as a work of nonfiction?