Belief in angels, spontaneous healing, miracles
Belief in angels puts me a step up in the WooWoo scale? How does the belief in celestial being differ from the belief in supernatural ghosts? While a follower of “the big three” (Christianity, Judaism, Islam) is more likely to belief in angels than ghosts, more cultures and religions have a belief in ghosts than angels. “New age” types really love angels and cherubs, their juvenile counterparts. Many new age books detail the hierarchies of angels, their behaviors and even their favorite foods.
A level 3 WooWoo person most likely believes in spontaneous healings. The context of the healings may vary. For examples, Catholics would believe a spontaneous healing is due to the intervention of the saints. Protestants see healings as a direct message from God. New age spiritualists speak of quantum physics. However you explain spontaneous healings, you level 3 WooWoo people believes that folks suffering from physical illness can been returned to absolute health.
This leads to the general signifier for the level 3 WooWoo. As the slogan goes, “Miracles Happen.” We like to think of miracles as an interruption in the laws of physics. Small or large, when something occurs that is beyond our Newtonian laws, we chalk it up to “a miracle.” Now if you believe in a miraculous spontaneous healing via an angel, you just might be a 3.5 on the WooWoo scale.
If you answer “yes” to some or all of these questions, you are at least this level. Go up to the next level of woowoo. If you answered “no” to all of these questions, your woowoo level is definitely one level below this level.
- Are their beings that exist outside our physical realm?
- Do these beings interact with humans on a regular basis?
- …and do they have wings?
- …and do they have a penchant for naming themselves after dead Italian Renaissance painters?
- Do spontaneous healing of afflictions, outside the explanation of everyday biology and medicine, take place?
- Can things occur superseding the laws of physics, unexplainable by scientific measurement and logic?